Wednesday, March 13, 2013

About Hybrid Homesteader

I subscribe to a lot of homesteading pages around the web, mostly for the occasional good idea I see that I can incorporate into my life.  However, I've found that I have to wade through page after page of whatever the author thought was cute that day, as well as many examples where information was just randomly re-shared without any thought or research.

I'm hoping to change that for you.  I can't guarantee that there will be multiple posts every day, or even a post every day, but I can guarantee you that I will make every effort to ensure that every post that I do make is relevant and factual.

I chose the name "Hybrid Homestead" after coming to the realization that, although most homesteading pages have thousands and thousands of readers, most of them will not ever actually make the move to an off the grid homestead.  So, I am gearing this page to those "homesteaders" like me, who are forced to live in more urban areas where the jobs are, because we already owe thousands and thousands of dollars in debt to the system.

In this blog I will endeavor to give you every good homesteading idea that I can find, as well as ways that you can incorporate this into your existing life.  You don't need to live 100 miles from the nearest soul in the Ozark mountains to enjoy simple and natural living.

1 comment:

  1. is your blog still active? i love the concept of 'Hybrid Homestead' and so looked it up and found your blog- shared it to my FB homesteader group :) but it looks like you are not continuing to post. hope you will continue!

    ReplyDelete